Entrepeneur of the year Glen Forss receiving the trophy from the President of Osuuspankki Finnish Credit Union Antero Elo.
On May 5th, the Canada-Finland Chamber of Commerce community gathered for the first term in three years for its Annual General Meeting. Not only did they elect the board members for the 2022-2023 term, they also announced the winner of their Entrepreneur of the Year Award!
Over 40 people attended the event that was held at the BLG offices in Toronto. Needless to say, we were very happy to get together, and all participants had a blast. Many new corporate and individual members joined the event and their dynamism sounds promising for this upcoming year. Between the AGM and the Entrepreneur of the Year Award that was awarded to Tuija and Glenn Forss and their Thornhill-based store, Finnish Place, we were lucky to receive the visit of Seppo Rantala, Trade Commissioner of Finland in Canada.
We would like to extend our thanks to Jacques Darche and the BLG team in Toronto who welcomed us and sponsored the drinks for the event.
Also, we would like to thank Vetta Spa who provided a voucher for two to a lucky draw to their authentic Finnish spa in Oro-Medonte.
New board members from the left: Marika Arovuo, Jacques S. Darche, Elina Nurkka, Victor Silverstrin-Racine, Amanda Rissanen, Marianne Mannerheim, Sharon Vegh, Markku Kankaala, and Antero Elo.
Missing from the photo: Marco Beretta and Marcus Räder
All members received their membership certificates during the event and new Business members were introduced.
We also had the pleasure to get to know the new representative of the Business Finland Toronto office, Katerina Ioannou, who recently joined the team.
Food was amazingly delicous, thanks to our new member What’s Good Wellness, who catered the event.
New elected board names are listed below. You can click the name to review their LinkedIn profile.
- Marika Arovuo, Founder and CEO – GRIT Online Inc.
- Marco Beretta, President – Pelto Agri Investments Inc.
- Jacques S. Darche, Partner -Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Antero Elo, President and CEO – Finnish Credit Union
- Markku Kankaala, Sales Manager – Tecwill
- Marianne Mannerheim, Director and Chair – Tielman North America
- Elina Nurkka, Director of Innovation, Research & Sustainability – Innovision Holdings Corporation
- Amanda Rissanen, Human Resources Specialist – CIBC
- Marcus Räder, Co-founder and CEO – Hostaway
- Victor Silverstin-Racine, Business Consultant – Aviseo Conseil
- Sharon Vegh, Economic Development Director – Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe
Tuula Kivinen will continue as an Honorary Member of the Board – Canada Finland Chamber of Commerce
The CFCC, if you are not familiar, is a Networking Community dedicated to creating an environment to benefit Canadian and Finnish business relationships. Members enjoy fun social events, business building education, and make valuable professional connections.
Click the links below to find out even more benefits of joining the Canada Finland Chamber of Commerce: