Mike Harela, Osuuspankki Entrepreneur of the Year
Canada-Finland Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting was held on May 6th, 2019. Not only did they elect the board members for the 2019-2020 term, they also announced the winner of the Osuuspankki Entrepreneur of the Year Award!
The Entrepreneur of the Year is a prestigious honour, awarded to only one worthy individual per annum. This award recognizes an exemplary entrepreneur’s achievements in the business community and contributions to the Finnish-Canadian community. It is granted by Osuuspankki Finnish Credit Union, and traditionally presented each year at the CFCC AGM. The winner accepts an award statue with a speech at the CFCC Annual General Meeting, and gains significant recognition within the Canadian Finnish Business Community. Their business will be featured in CFCC social media posts, articles, and google advertised content.
The winner is Mike Harela from Vikingfoods. Since 1955 they have been bringing to Canada the finest Scandinavian foods available. They import the majority of the products themselves and we deal directly with the manufacturers for the greatest selection, the best price, and the freshest product.
Another noteworthy achievement of the evening was in electing eleven board members. Their names are listed below. Congratulations to all of the elected board members as well.
- Marika Arovuo, Chief Digital Marketer – GRIT Online Inc.
- Lauri Asikainen, Strategy and Leadership Development Coach – CCT Consulting
- Marco Beretta, Director – Studio Property Consultants Ltd.
- Antero Elo, President and CEO – Finnish Credit Union
- Markku Kankaala
- Jukka Karjalainen
- Tuula Kivinen, Honorary President – Canada Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Eero Laakso, Business Development Consultant – StarTeck Systems Ltd.
- Marianne Mannerheim, President and Owner – Marbin Corp. and Wild Wing Belleville
- Ritva Nosov, Founder & Principal Consultant – TalentEd Consulting Inc.
- Johanna Tarvainen, Consultant & Bridge Builder – Merenbridge Consulting