Entrepeneur of the year Tomi Alatalo receiving the trophy from the President of Osuuspankki Finnish Credit Union Antero Elo.
The Canada Finland Chamber of Commerce community held its Annual General Meeting on May 4th, 2023. New board members for the 2023-2026 term were elected as well as the winner of the Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Osuuspankki was celebrated during the meeting.
Over 40 people attended the event that was held at the BLG offices in Toronto. Needless to say, we were very happy to get together, and all participants had a blast. Many new corporate and individual members joined the event and their dynamism sounds promising for this upcoming year. Between the AGM and the Entrepreneur of the Year Award that was awarded to Tomi Alatalo, Aalto Development, we were lucky to receive the visit of the newly appointed Trade Commissioner of Finland in Canada, Jaakko Autere.
We would like to extend our thanks to Jacques Darche and the BLG team in Toronto who welcomed us and sponsored the drinks for the event.
New board members from the left: Jacques S. Darche, Marianne Mannerheim, Miikka Huomo, Bawani Thayalan, Auli Rasanen, Amanda Rissanen, and Marika Arovuo
Missing from the photo: Marco Beretta, Antti Harjuoja, Elina Nurkka, Victor Silvestrin-Racine
All members received their membership certificates during the event and new Business members were introduced.
Food was amazingly delicous, thanks to What’s Good Wellness, who catered the event.
New elected board names are listed below. You can click the name to review their LinkedIn profile.
- Marika Arovuo, Founder and CEO – GRIT Online Inc.
- Marco Beretta, President – Pelto Agri Investments Inc.
- Jacques S. Darche, Partner -Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Antti Harjuoja, CEO – Nextmile Ltd.
- Miikka Huomo, Presales Consultant – Nokia
- Marianne Mannerheim, Director and Chair – Tielman North America
- Elina Nurkka, Director of Innovation, Research & Sustainability – Innovision Holdings Corporation
- Auli Rasanen, Director of Finance and Administration –
- Amanda Rissanen, Human Resources Specialist – CIBC
- Victor Silvestrin-Racine, Principal Consultant – Energir
- Bawani Thayalan, General Manager – Osuuspankki Finnish Credit Union
The CFCC, if you are not familiar, is a Networking Community dedicated to creating an environment to benefit Canadian and Finnish business relationships. Members enjoy fun social events, business building education, and make valuable professional connections.
Click the links below to find out even more benefits of joining the Canada Finland Chamber of Commerce: